The first pediatrician visit went well. We did receive the report from the Cardiologist at Children's through our pediatrician. The report was brief and detailed the findings. We have a followup visit with the cardiologist and we are going to leave it at that for now. We have not received an appointment time yet but we guess we will have an appointment scheduled by tomorrow. But there seems to be no rush on getting him there so we are viewing this as a good sign. They seem to think this is more a function of Aiden being nearly three weeks early. At least that keeps coming up in every conversation we have even though we didn't feel that was a big deal. Evidently, we were wrong. We do have to go back to the hospital and pediatrician tomorrow for another test regarding his jaundice. It is going the wrong way and we can't seem to stop it. Hopefully tomorrow it will show a sign of going backwards.
You can see Aiden taking it easy in his bassinet he is borrowing from his cousins Jonathan and Victoria. He slept like a champ in it! Aiden also wanted to say "Happy Birthday" to Victoria since their birthdays are very close.

Mommy feeding Aiden tonight. Where does he get that dark complexion?

Mimi and Papaw looking in the car at Aiden. None of Eric's family is allowed within breathing distance of me until Friday because Aunt Heather contaminated everyone with a nasty virus (the hospital even quarantined her). I have not met my cousins Lula Bell and Jonsey yet and I can't wait to have them hold me. It will be like having two more mom's that want to change my diaper and tell me what I am doing wrong.

Wow, what a busy few days you are having! And his complexion does look dark, doesn't it? I wonder if that will last.
ReplyDeleteWhat color are his eyes?
I have so much I want to say but will try to keep it brief!!! First of all my parents are "Mimi and Papaw" too....it is SO okay not to breastfeed, the baby will be just fine.....the jaundice will most likely clear in another day or two (it happened with both of mine)...I told you sleep deprivation was a real thing Eric! You said sleep was overrated!! ha ha ha....the first week or two in the lives of new parents are the hardest times ever, but also the most joyful!! Hang in there!!
ReplyDelete