Saturday, March 7, 2009

Friday Update

We made it to Children's at 9:30 am and waited. I said wait because Aiden could not eat past 6 am that morning and he took his bottle at 5 am. It ended up being 10:22 am before we got to give him a bottle.

An upper GI barium x-ray. No fun, but better than the barium enema I am sure. They strapped him to a board with his arms above his head and proceeded to feed him barium chalk junk. They called it sugar water but we are not stupid. We watched on the screen him swallowing and it making it all the way to his stomach. Very neat, but I could live without having gone through it and I know for a FACT Kelly didn't like this test one bit. It was hard to watch.

We don't know anything and probably will not until Monday. Kelly and I did not see anything that would seem to be cause for any concern but we are not doctors. We did have to call the doctor on Friday night to tell them we were going back to #4 or #5, I may have lost count of the formulas at this point, because Similac Alumentum was horrible. Aiden has never spit up like that in his life! Fussy, gassy, uncomfortable, constant spit up that could be measured in ounces, horrible. We are back on Similac Sensitive with Rice cereal because that seemed to be the best of all the ones we have used.

I believe the medicine he is taking in conjunction with his Axid is working. It coats the stomach so he doesn't feel the reflux go up and down at all while the Axid trys to calm it down. Big help so far but we are still not there by a long shot.

1 comment:

  1. Poor little Aiden (and Kelly!)...I'm hope things get better soon. :-(

    ReplyDelete